Friday, September 21, 2012

Can you "picture" it?



A rancher goes into town one day and happens to run into his old pal the tractor salesman.  "How's business?" asks the rancher.

"Not very good, I haven't sold a tractor in months.  How are things on the ranch?" asked the salesman.

"Well the other day I went to out to the barn to milk that old cow I have.  I started milking her and she swatted me with her tail, so I tied her tail to the ceiling.  I started milking again and she kicked me with her left leg so I tied that to the left side of the stall.  I started milking her again and she kicked me with her right leg so I tied that one to the right side of the stall.  About that time my wife walked into the barn, and if you can convince her that I was just trying to milk that darn cow, I'll buy a tractor from you!"

Moral of the story.  Successful sales professionals know that selling to your customer's problems can be most effective.  In fact, most will agree that their largest, most lucrative sales have been the direct result of solving their customer's biggest problems.  Truly aggressive road warriors maintain that the most useful tool in their sales arsenal is now a camera-equipped smart phone or an emailed picture.  Can you "picture" it?  Is it "clicking" in yet?

I "shutter" to think of the possibilities,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment