Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Message

The following conversation took place at Timothy’s funeral.  His memorial service affected people deeply. Mourner after mourner shared powerful stories about the way the 45-year-old man had touched their lives.
“That was wonderful,” one man exclaimed. “When I die, I want the exact same service. The same music, the same Bible readings, the same words.”
Another man put a hand on his shoulder. “Our church doesn’t do cookie cutter funerals,” he said. “If you want a funeral like this one, then you are going to have to live a life like Timothy between now and when you die.” (Condensed from “GET REAL: A Spiritual Journey For Men” - 2007)

What would you want people to say about you when you are gone?  Or better still what do you want people to say about you NOW!
I once heard this in a sermon but I have added to the first three letters the last three myself. 
You might think about it as a legacy to work toward.  

Be a FATTTE person

A Faithful,Available,Teachable,Trustworthy,Thankful,Encourager

Now there are no money back guarantees with this promise but I CAN tell you if that becomes your legacy or your DASH (the little line between the time you were born and the day you die). you will have made a difference in the lives of others.

So at this Thanksgiving time of the year
I am thankful that I can express myself to each of you and that you are gracious enough to read what I send you.




No comments:

Post a Comment