Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reflections on a Decision Well Made

As I grow older (by the minute), I find myself becoming more and more reflective about decisions I have made in my life.  Some have not worked out so well to say the least but more than enough have so I count that a blessing.
     I was thinking the other day about my decision to make sales a career which actually occurred when we bought our first home.  I was very impressed by the salesman ship of the real estate sales guy and having been hatched out of a sales egg anyway, I decided to give it a try.  That was 1972 and I am still going strong.
     I got into sales quite frankly because I came to realize that sales people can make a lot of money without having to invest in a formal technical education.  That sounded good to me at the time.
     But as I look back, I stayed in and enjoyed because I was able to make a difference in people's lives by encouraging them to do something which I always believed was in their best interest and would enhance their lives either professionally or personally or both.  I have never sold anything to anyone that I did not honestly believe would help them.
     I would encourage you today to spend a few minutes examining your motives for playing ball on a sales team.   
Make sure those motives are more about them than they are about you.

Happy Thanksgiving,
dan


No comments:

Post a Comment