Friday, July 13, 2012

Reverse Referrals

I was talking to one of our new customers for whom we haul  one ton metal roll off containers in bound and during the course of the conversation the subject of referrals was brought up by him not me.  And it was not about giving me one but rather about me giving him some.  He told me for every franchise he was able to sell based on someone I referred he would give me 5 grand.  While that would be unethical for me to accept as a employee of Trinity Logistics, it really reinforced the notion that I have held for many years that giving a referral is the very best thing you could ever do to show your customer (or prospect for that matter) how much you REALLY appreciate their business.  I call our customers regularly and tell them how much we appreciate them allowing us to serve their transportation needs.  Imagine if my calls contained a potential customer for THEM to prospect that would help grow their company. Do you think they might remember me?  As I mentioned in a previous blog, we referred 3 customers/runners from Trinity Logistics to our customer The Color Run 5 K Race earlier this month.  I am betting that will stick in their mind for a long time.  Start thinking about how you can help your customers grow their businesses by referring them potential customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment