Thursday, July 19, 2012

Old Friends


     Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
     I genuinely enjoy people so it is natural for me to want to keep in touch.  I like to know what they are doing with their lives even after we no longer have commonalities such as working for the same company or a customer/vendor relationship. 
     I got an email the other day from a former co-worker, who has gone on to another career, asking me to come down and visit she and her boss about providing some of their transportation needs.  She mentioned that her boss also knew me and, as it turned out, while I had lost contact with him, he was a great friend and customer at a previous place of business, which was a customer of mine.  Well, it was like a homecoming of sorts for all three of us and obviously created a perfect atmosphere for us to relax with each other and for then to talk and me to listen and ask questions.
     I was exhilarated when I walked out of there to say the least.  I have no ulterior motive in my continuing relationships with people who are no longer directly in my life circle. But I can tell you that it is fun for me and I think so for them and often brings pleasant surprises when you don't expect them.
     How are you doing with your keeping in touch with "old friends"?  They are Golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment