Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Eyed Jacks

Most people I have met have a story to tell.  Many of those stories are very interesting and many have stuck with me for years.  It is funny how one remembers people.  After leaving the east coast in 1967 and returning in 1995, I had occasion to visit a friend in a professional capacity.  He and I both went to U of Maryland and he went on to become a dentist.  When I shook hands with him after not having seen him for at least 28 years, the first thing he said to me was " you may be a one eyed jack around here but I've seen the other side of your face"  You see as we rode back and forth to U of Maryland when we went home for the weekend, I talked about movies a lot and my favorite at the time was a 1961 western called "One Eyed Jacks" starring Marlon Brando.  I was constantly quoting lines from that movie.  I did not realize that at the time I was making myself memorable to my friend but now I do.  Part of building a great relationship is making yourself memorable.  There are many ways to do that. It is essential in a relationship to have things that are memorable about yourself and they don't have to be like I describe above. Remembering things about others can make you very memorable. Being some who is a good listener can make you very memorable.  Being someone who can be counted on to find a solution not another problem can be very memorable.  This is your brand.  Mine is humor so most people remember that about me.  Have you established your brand? If so are you developing it to your best ability  
It is what makes you memorable!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055257/quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment