Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Overload

I read a statistic the other day that the average small business employee can effectively handle about 50 emails a day.  While I think that might be a tad low in our fast paced transportation business, it allows me to make a point here. If a prospect gets 100 emails and/or phone calls a day from sales people seeking their business, what is the deciding factor as to which ones they actually read or answer?  I think it is the degree of creativity in presenting something which they might perceive to have value to them in growing their bottom line.  Which of these would you open:

Hello , I’m Dan Dobson with Trinity Logistics. We are a 3rd Party Logistics provider. We move all types of freight by the following ways. Less Than Truckload (LTL)  Over The Road (OTR)
(Flatbeds, Dry and Refrigerated Trailers) & Intermodal (IML) . I would like an opportunity to discuss your freight movement and see how I can help you and your company. I have attached an email flyer on our services. I look forward to hearing from you!

OR
 
Hello! I am Dan Dobson with Trinity Logistics Inc.  I provide realistic solutions to logistics challenges.  If I could offer you ways to increase your company’s profit by learning more about how your business operates, when would you allow me to call you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment