Monday, February 6, 2012

When I was a kid, my Dad taught me something, after being very frustrated in a restaurant following a fine meal, as to the time it took to get the check. In a very nice way, he explained to the waitress and her manager the importance of completing the “sale” properly (everything was about a “sale” to my Dad). They seemed GENUINELY appreciative.

After they left our table, he told me something I have never forgotten. Telling people in the service business how they are doing or not doing is the best thing you can do for them and yourself because that is the only way they know if they need to improve. I might add that he also said that the worst thing you can do for them is to say nothing.

The name of the game in this day and age seems to be more for less. It is true in the workplace as well as the marketplace.

I was thinking about what my Dad told me years ago and realized that his lesson for me really applies to the relationship between your server and you in the transportation world.
Whether you are a customer or a carrier, take the time to not only show appreciation for the services provided you (yeah, yeah, I know you are paying for them) but just as important, let them know what does not satisfy you.

That is where the Customer Relations Department at Trinity Logistics comes in. Not only do we reach out regularly to you to access your ever changing needs relative to our ever growing service offerings but we are also here as a Customer Advocate as well. We ALWAYS have a willing ear listening to you whether it is a concern or a compliment. Rest assured every conversation we have is acted upon promptly to insure your concerns are met or your praises are passed on to those who not only serve you but their management as well.

There is an old adage that one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar.

You want more for less?

Try our suggestion as you might find you see better results than you ever expected in your levels of service. It is hard to correct what you don’t know you are doing wrong.

CALL US OR EMAIL US WITH YOUR COMPLIMENTS OR CONCERNS OR BOTH!

866-807-5800 or customerrelations@trinitylogistics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment